Monday, December 24, 2007

Dusting Of Snow

A Happy Merry to all who care about such things. I still do, to a degree, primarily through the eyes of my 11-year-old son, who still gets such a big kick out of Christmas that I cannot resist his enthusiasm. Besides, who knows how he'll respond in two, three, four years? While he and the teen daughter possess very different temperaments, teens are teens, and when the boy becomes one, I suspect he'll forge some kind of resistance to Santa's big commercial jackboot. At least, I hope so. For now, he's in the latter stages of boyhood, which really shows right now, and that makes me happy.

As for the rest of our collective existence, well, the less said today, the better. With '08 upon us, and all the wondrous moments sure to follow, there'll be plenty of time to deal with that.

So, this will be it for a couple of days. Enjoy, be safe, spread love where and when you can, and remember, it's always Christmas in Hollis, Queens.

Labels: