Thursday, June 12, 2008

Achy Breaky

Burnt out, friends and lurkers. I rarely concede to such weakness, being the cast-iron life-hating cynic I am, but the flesh and mind can take only so much, especially now that my fingers and keyboard have merged into a squishy, plasma whole, a la David Cronenberg. So it's best that I unplug for a few days, lest some cyber-assassin (played by Jude Law or Jennifer Jason Leigh, or God help me, both) appear and riddle me with ballistic molars, screaming about saving reality.

Well, beats being killed by a reckless redneck in a van.

I'll return mostly likely Monday, hopeful rested, the seizures under control.

Nice piece in today's NY Times about the No Wave scene on the old Lower East Side. So here's Teenage Jesus and the Jerks, featuring the alluring Lydia Lunch:



A smattering of DNA, backing up Jean-Michel Basquiat's graffiti art, from "Downtown 81":



And finally The Contortions, featuring James Chance. I can identify.